© ARK TRADE AG 2021. All Rights Reserved.
If a user provides any Personal Information to us, that user is deemed to have authorized ARK TRADE and the members of the ARK TRADE Group, in particular, to collect, retain and use that Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. Verifying user’s identity;
2. Verifying the eligibility to register as a user of the Website;
3. Processing the registration as a user, providing a login ID for the Website and maintaining and managing user’s registration;
4. Providing the user with customer service and responding to the user’s queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
5. To facilitate communication between buyers and sellers on the Website;
6. Performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the Website, to improve our product offerings, and services, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
7. If the user voluntarily submits any information to the Website for publication on the Website through the publishing tools, including but not limited to, Company Profile, Product Catalog and any discussion forum, then the user is deemed to have given consent to the publication of such information on the Website ("Voluntary Information"); and
8. Making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law or in respect of any claims or potential claims brought against ARK TRADE or any member of the ARK TRADE Group.
Personal Information, i.e., information which identifies a user personally, can be collected when accessing the Webpage. Further Personal Information will be collected once an individual user opens a User Account for himself/herself, or for a company or legal entity. Such Personal Information might include, without limitation, the following: name, address, phone number, email address, bank account details, company name, position in the company, country of origin, information provided in connection with employment applications, usage data as well as the information provided in connection with the User Account.
ARK TRADE retains the right to remove the personal identifiers from Personal Information in order to use the anonymized information in particular, but without limitation, for statistical purposes.
Automatically Collected Information
ARK TRADE retains the right to use certain technologies which automatically collect certain types of information. ARK TRADE might furthermore receive certain information sent by the device(s) used by a user in order to access the Website. Automatically Collected Information might include, without limitation, the following: IP address, unique device identifiers, browser types, information from Cookies and other technologies.
ARK TRADE may use the Collected Data in particular, but without limitation, for statistical purposes, for the improvement of the user experience, the Website and any services related thereto, in order to prevent technical issues or malicious attacks, to comply with applicable laws and regulations as well as to operate ARK TRADE’s business (“Purpose”). In case the user opts during the setup of a user account, Purpose shall also include the use of the Collected Data for marketing purposes.
Personal Data Used for Website Usage Analytics
Social Media Networks
ARK TRADE shall only retain the Collected Data for the period such Collected Data is required for the Purpose. ARK TRADE is furthermore permitted to retain the Collected Data in order to fulfil its legal, compliance or regulatory obligations. The Collected Data may be transferred to computers or servers located outside of Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA).
ARK TRADE retains the right to share the Collected Data with the members of the ARK TRADE Group as well its Affiliates for the Purpose, as well as with third parties for further processing strictly limited to the Purpose. ARK TRADE shall also be permitted to share the Collected Data with authorities, government agencies, courts etc. as required by law, order or regulation. ARK TRADE strives to make sure all measures reasonably necessary are in place in order to keep the Collected Data secure and treat it in an appropriate manner.
Legal Grounds/User Rights
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• The user has given ARK TRADE the permission to do so, or
• The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the user is a party or in order to take steps at user’s request prior to entering into a contract, or
• The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by user’s interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data, or
• To comply with the law or regulations
The Webpage is not intended for use or access by children under the age of 18 (“Children”). ARK TRADE does not intend and/or does not knowingly intend to collect or collect data from Children.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, ARK TRADE may be required to disclose a user’s Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
ARK TRADE may disclose a user’s Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of ARK TRADE
• To protect the personal safety of users or the public
• To protect ARK TRADE against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us. Please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, ARK TRADE will strive to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, however, ARK TRADE cannot guarantee its absolute security.